Idaho Condo Insurance FAQs

Insurance matters for condo owners. Any significant investment, such as your condominium, should be insured against loss and damage, a policy that the homeowners’ condo association can sometimes mandate. Yet while your condo should be insured just as you would a detached home, the policy needs may vary a little based on your communal living situation. The Insurance Shop USA serves condo owners in Sandpoint, ID, and here are some frequent questions you should know the answers to.

Idaho Insurance Laws

Idaho condo insurance is detailed in the law and relates to a condominium’s ownership, management, and residence. Condo policies may include group, trustee, management, and individual owner’s policies. The type of policy required by your condo management and your mortgage will typically depend on established policies and the number of attached units and communal living spaces in your owners’ group.

Condo Insurance Types

The types of condo insurance you need will be based on the above policy outlined in Idaho law. Suppose your property manager provides structural insurance against damage to the building by fire, flood, or accident. In that case, you may still need a personal property policy and coverage against the need to relocate during repairs and restoration. If you have a detached condo, you may need a policy that covers both structure and personal property onsite. You will also need to verify your liability coverage should someone have an accident on the condo property.

Because there is so much variance in condo policy type, you’ll need an expert to help you navigate your insurance coverage. The Insurance Shop USA in Sandpoint, ID is here to help you get the coverage you need. Call today!